Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Artistic Webs with Their Spiders

Although this looks like multiple layers of monoprinting, there is actually only one monoprint below a plopped, inky stencil....topped with a spider stamp.  This is one of the simplest images in the spider series, however I think I have to claim luck.  I wasn't sure how the messy, inky stencil would transfer the image.  Because the ink was so wet and I moved quickly, it worked!!!!  The part that took the most time was waiting for each layer to dry before adding the next.

I like the addition of the washi tape below.  In limited quantities, it can add some visual interest and a little variety.  It does make the print truly "mixed media," although I am not sure that matters.  I do like the busy-ness of this image.

The image below is like the "full-meal-mixed-media-deal!"  There is a two layer monoprint with three different stamps (yep, purchased and nothing carved,) plus washi tape.  You won't see me doing this type of image very often, however.  I am just not a big fan of purchased stamps....not the originality I prefer. 

There is something very interesting about washi tape and from time to time it seems like manufacturers shoot out a whole new set of themed tape prints.  I would love to find a broader variety of insets that go beyond spiders, but I don't image they are in high demand!

No comments:

Post a Comment