Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Joys and Frustrations - As Promised - Hour 4 and counting - Stages.....4, 5, 6

Continuing to push both the range of markers that I have AND the white, blue and sienna gouache on the shirt and towel.  I think I am going to have to break out more gouache and explore other areas than just the whites and lights - the red just won't go away or bury deep enough to be less visible. 

Decided to use dark gouache for the vest, tie, shoes, pants and apron and bring in the skintone with more gouache for the face area and hands.  These images are actually pretty small - the overall size of the pages is only 5.5 X 8 inches. 

If you double click on the image, you will see the "red dilemma" I am dealing with well into hour 4.   I am learning a lot!!  As you might recall on the October 1 post, I said that I would be sharing the good and the "not so good!"   Well, one of the goods is the extent to which markers can be layered and pushed for depth and overlap - who knew.

The not so good, of course, is the frustration in using the  red pencil.  I will actually be sharing more examples of the use of this tool......always hoping I was missing something and things would improve.....NOT SO FAR.  The red is making me work for the image, however, and that's probably a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment