Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Friday, October 28, 2016

Happy Birthday!

EEK! should probably be reserved for rats and not a black cat, however I suppose it depends on the setting.  Driving around the back side of Costco the other day made me very aware of the multiple rat traps that appear to be strategically placed all around the building.  If I were to see a rat roaming around the building, I probably would say something other than "Eek!" spontaneously.  The next time I enter the front of Costco, I am going to look for the traps, as well.  As a side note, the traps in Minnesota are forest green, so really stand out as a contrast to the red brick of the building. I also observed  the same kind of rat traps around the Costco in Florida - the  main difference being the color - in Florida the traps were concrete gray. I think my response in Florida, in the event that I see a rat, would still not be "Eek," but something else.

Seeing a black cat in a dark, foggy alley at midnight might result in a response similar to seeing a rat at Costco, however.  The solution seems to me to be moving in the black ferrill cats to the back side of each Costco building, near each of the rat traps......

I included several of the images of candy corn in this book.  As stated  in my earlier post, I am still perplexed by the appeal of candy corn.  Even the freshest of candy corn strikes me as being will crafted wax.  It is not reminiscent of taffy that we received as an individually wrapped candy on Halloween night.  A wonderful candy company, named Saunders, was a mainstay in Detroit fifty plus years ago, and their taffy was creamy, chewy, and delightful.....I am not seeing the connection to candy corn. 



Candy corn is a great symbol for the season, however. 


Of course, I had to include the crow relief print in this minibook....also a great seasonal character! 

No comments:

Post a Comment