Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Meet Ambrosio

Ambrosio was photographed in the Pilsen neighborhood - neighbors with Marisol.  I have actually sketched several of the Pilsen "family," both with graphite and also with the deadly "red pencil." 


I think I enjoyed Ambrosio because he reminds me so much of one of my uncles - he's worked hard much of his life and continues to dress up to go to town.......although he may be slowing down, he's on the go to the places he enjoys, to meet his friends. 

I also appreciated that fact that the lighting on Ambrosio was particularly strong, so lights and darks were very apparent. 


One of the beauties of working with the tan toned paper is that you start with your middle tones right away, then go dark and light, and you can (in theory, unless you are using RED PENCIL,) work through a sketch fairly quickly.  I have to keep reminding myself that "the quick capture and sketch" is the skill I am trying to develop!  Ambrosio is one of my best examples of making it work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment