Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Are You a Corn Fan????

Are you a candy corn fan?  Although you would not think it to look at me, I am not a big sweets fan AND I have never really understood the passion some people have for candy corn.  I remember a lengthy discussion several years ago about how much candy corn/smoked peanuts mix a person could eat at one time without suffering consequences....of a trotting nature.

While I think they are festive and one of the significant harbingers of fall...and particularly Halloween, I have never understood their waxy appeal. 

Just a couple of years ago one of our sons made his own version of candy corn.  The kernels were massive pale pink, darker pink wedges that were significantly chewier and creamier than any orange/yellow/white bullets I have experienced.  They also had a strong fruity fragrance that was appealing.....that's when I learned that candy corn is supposed to be taffy......go figure!!

Recently I have seen really big traditional candy corn kernels....( of course I have also seen some massive marshmallows that could be dried and used for a baseball, they were so large.)  Again, these giant kernels are very festive and would be cute to decorate for a seasonal party...I just cant imagine eating one.  It seems like you would have to slice it to be able to eat it.......If you have one of these gems, please share how you tackled consumption.

These prints were another example of those test prints on scrap paper .....then decided to add color.  Once again, I like the mixed media effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment