Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Friday, October 7, 2016

Pre-Red Pencil

Meet Marisol.....  This is actually where I began my sketching of the Chicago folks.  I was relieved that I could not track down a red pencil that wasn't water activated, so just grabbed a soft graphite and whilte China marker, and sketched away.  



I discovered Marisol early in my exploration of the Chicago site.  She exudes personality (as do many of those that have been photographed,) and I thought her basic lines, with a fringy sweater, would be fun to capture.  I also found the lighting in her photograph to be a little bolder than in many others, which also made it an appealing early sketch. 

You'll notice that I still had NOT made a trip to the local Michaels for my red pencil for this sketch.......a real blessing in retrospect!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment