Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Outliers..........It's a Good Read!

The evolution of Nick has moved him from the red line drawing at the bottom of this page, to the marker and gouache drawing/painting below. 
I learned a lot in this process, beginning with the Strathemore workshop class provided on the Strathemore website and presented by Well Terrell.  My total time invested in just this image is a little over 4 hours - a length of time I am NOT willing to invest for these results!!!!

....the main thing I learned - try a couple more of these sketches using the red pencil, .....then burn it and return to graphite!!! 


I don't imagine I will every reach the required 10,000 "sketches," as described by Malcomb Gladwell in his book, "Outliers," but practice is a good thing, right? 

Please let me know if you have visited the Strathemore website, the IAMCHICAGO site, or are investing time in urban sketching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment