Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What's in a Shape?

There is just a glimmer of a theme emerging on the right hand side of this page spread - it's Mary and her little lamb.  It would be fun to go back and push more of this story theme line with a lot of images - oh, when to find the time!

Of course another aspect of this early one-sheet book that is appealing to me is the rand of colors.  It is fun to look back on now, however I remember this being quite a production AND a MESS to create.

I think I would select a different tag shape than the "breast in a pocket" shape that each of these tags resemble.  I am not sure where I got the original idea for this shape, however.  I remember thinking it would be cupcake-like, but......without a food reference anywhere in the book, that is not a clear message.  Of course a breast is not a theme that is present in the book, either, so I guess the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."


No comments:

Post a Comment