Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Friday, September 2, 2016

Minibook Covers

These little minibooks continue to intrigue me - probably why I continue to make them from time to time.  The first two have a citrus focus.
I shared this one earlier - it is primarily the stages of rage of an octopus with a shark or two thrown in for a little variety.

All three of these books contain only "quick sketch" images filled in with either FM acrylic ink or Inktense inks, activated with water.

The three minibooks below are a combination of drawings and purchased stamps with hand painting added.  I wanted to be sure and show examples of books that can be created even if you are not a drawer or a sketcher.  In fact, it is not even necessary to add color, but it is my personal preference.

Both books below have a coffee theme and most of the stamps come from the company Stampendous. 


The minibook below includes free-style painting, various stamps and a few sketches.  I think this one is visually interesting because much of the printing in 'light on dark' instead of the two above, which are 'dark on white or light.' 

 The key for me to pull together a minibook is to narrow the theme to a very small scope and create the page size to add the images.  For all of these books, I have also used a large amount of glue because I have wanted each page and tag to be very durable.  the only component that is not multiple layers is the pocket feature used to hold layered tags.  Of course, all of these layers further limit the number of pages possible with the pre-determined binding template (as I have mentioned earlier.)

You may have also noticed that there are two different book shapes in the examples above - kinda fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment