Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Geographical Marketing


As with the blue-book pages, I like the opportunity to contrast the middle-sized image next to the smallest image.  If these were hand drawn, you could include many, many different sizes and not think much of it, but by using stamps, you are very limited to what has been produced by the manufacturer. 
Although I do very, very little with these types of products, I have never noticed other product lines that market or distribute multiple sizes of one image.  The last time I explored down the stamping aisle at Michaels, I actually noticed an even smaller version of some of the stamps they released several years ago - a popcorn box, bottle of soda, party hat......and I think there was a gumball dispenser.  There were actually several more images in the same clear bag, so I am assuming those were in the same category of "released several years earlier, and re-released in micro-mini size" for more money.......only guessing, however.

Every now and then I get an email from the company that produces this product line advertising a "big event show" to feature the new, new, new release of products.  Since none have been within 1000 miles of Minneapolis, I have not considered exploring any of them.  Most are in California, Florida along the eastern coastline.  Since the demise of retail fronts for stores line Archievers in the midwest, I guess no one whose state does not touch a salty body of water is interested in these products.......interesting marketing strategy, ah? 
Have you grown fond of this pink background yet?     Me neither!  I would retake the pictures if this minibook was still with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment