Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Monday, September 5, 2016

The Next Section

As you can see, I put some sequential thinking and planning time into trying to make the pages have some type of logical sequence.  I haven't done a minibook this well planned since, but looking at the overall effect of this one makes me think it might be time to do another.


I have not a big fan of purchased rubber stamps, so either end up using the same few that I have over and over again, OR...making my own relief blocks and using LOTS of time carving and perfecting just the right image before printing anything. 


In reflection (always closer to 20/20, right?) I think using the bicycle relief block for the central theme and building all of the other "fluffy" stuff and loose brushstroke paint around it was a pretty good plan....hmmm


By allowing some aspect of a bicycle to peek out on almost every page flip, the theme screams "bike" without being overly burdened with the same bike image on page after page.......you know, sometimes you get lucky - right? 


......or should I say it was all methodically planned?   

Here's the surprise when you finally flip pages to the "bike" short - the seat is blue!  "Surprise!"


The repeating pattern on the washing tape, whether using a long strip or a solo bile, sure is handy to keep the central theme visible! 

The left hand register (page) below is the first where I have shown the larger bicycle exiting the page......the hearts seem to be on the increase, as well!

The page spread above looks like it should be the intro book plates for a wonderful bike journey tale! 

No comments:

Post a Comment