Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Shelf Holder

This particular minibook has been a shelf book since its creation.  I has a larger than actual size presence because of the large ribbon width attached to the book rings.  In time, the ribbon will fade, collect dust, and become a detraction instead of an enhancement, but for now, the ribbon makes the book.  (As I said earlier, it was actually the ribbon that inspired the book.) 
The paint used to complete the block prints is water color paint.  I very seldom use water color paints and don't have a high quality product.  If I print additional block prints in any kind of quantity, I will either need to try acrylic paints or try acrylic inks OR explore other types of water color paints.  I am likely to go with either of the acrylic options.

Of course, I try to add a signature and/or logo to everything I create.  Above is  the logo that I included at the back of this minibook.  Although I usually print this logo in metallic silver, I decided to match the color of the green stencil print. 

Check out the glimpse of olive ribbon on the left hand side - it really does make the book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment