Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Hijacked - DISGUSTING!!

This morning MicroSoft 10 actually hijacked my computer - has that ever happened to you.  On the screen was a singular option to accept MircoSoft10 - nothing else worked.  Option 2 - SHUT DOWN.  If you logged into this blog earlier, you probably noticed that I had not completed the page.  It took me 3 hours to find a way to navigate around the hijack.  OK, to be fair, I worked at it for about 45 minutes, then did a final shut down and walked away from it for about 2 hours.  I guess I have to acknowledge that, when it comes to computers, BIG BROTHER is alive and thriving.  YUCK!!!

As with previous books, this little book also contains pockets to hold tags for taking notes and captions.  This trio of secondary colors represents the color trio of this minibook.

Fish minibook pocket #1, with tag


Grouper print, inked in green and hand painted with blue ink.
These fish were originally intended to be snook, but as I continued carving, they became more and more embellished, looking more like stereotype fish than a specific species.  The jaw is more reminiscent of salmon than snook at this point.

Snookish prints, printed with blue ink, and hand painted.
They also have that furrowed brow line that is very salmonesque.  The color is taken from one of the many species of trigger fish.

Snookish close-up

With the exception of the blue on the artist version of the grouper, I have continued to try and limit my palette to secondary colors. 

Fish minibook, full-page spread.



No comments:

Post a Comment