Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Friday, May 20, 2016

Is There a Purpose??

Lately I have noticed more and more stencils of font styles in sizes from 1/2 to 1 1/2 inch sizes.  I can only assume that there has been an increased demand for this type of product.  One of the most visible product lines of font stencils and stamps comes out of Stampendous and carries the name Heidi Swapp. 

Hand colored block print on minibook page.
Quite by accident, I also stumbled across a mixed media workshop in the Twin Cities.  Buried deep in the nth page of the advertising I actually found the location of the workshop in print.  It looks like several of their workshop offerings focus on text use using stamps and/or stencils.  That would support the need for more products supporting this work, ah? 

Letter stamping on folder page in Olive minibook.
Although this minibook has a small amount of stamp based text, I am not sure I will continue suing these images.  I don't particularly like the way they look, it is not essential material, and really narrows the ways in which the pages and pockets in the minibook can be used. 

Stencil page created using a lace cut-out pattern page from the Cricut lace #1 program with individually hand-stamped heart!
And there-in lies the 2nd presumption in the creation of the minibooks - that they will ever be used for any function.  The books I have made for sketching and capturing images have been well used.  The books I have created in which images are included, have seldom been used to gather and store additional information.  I need to think about that, particularly in the creation of lists - I am good at lists....there is not a lot of reason to keep, store, restore or recall lists once they have been used, however.  A minibook is a great please to find a list that has yet to be checked off or used to its full capacity, but the next location for the the well used list is a trash container.........hmmmmmm.  What is the function of the minibook, again?  They sure are fun to make.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment