Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Happy Birthday, Tom!

Text Block Variations -

I liked the text block so well that I decided to make a smaller one to use with portions of pages, tags, or columns like old time newspaper formatting.....saves on some ink AND is easier to place without cutting masks or templates. 

Small text block example

Large text block example

Use of small text block twice on one page
It is also easier to have two different colors for text lines by using the smaller block.  You'll notice on the page image above that the text lines above (in both blocks) align on the left hand side, and do not align on the right.  Once I stamped the flower in the upper right hand corner, I placed a mask over it, then inked and printed the text lines.  Some of the lines actually printed on the masking sheet, but then that piece was removed.

When the flower in the lower left hand corner was stamped, I did not place a mask over it, but placed a template around the line-text block right after I inked it, but before it was printed.  I believe I printed it upside down, but, lucky for me, it still works!!!

Two page spread showing two types of text block sized.
Happy Birthday, Tom!  Hope it's a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment