Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pushing the Gouache Learning Curve

I got so caught up in adding the details to the character to build her visual personality, that I forgot to stop and take the sequential pictures, like I had taken for the background.  At this point, all I needed to do was strengthen the shadow a little more, add some hair around the brim of the hat and solidify that left had, I it's time to move on!

I am so glad that these images represent with strong color clarity.  Recently I have been painting acrylic canvas paintings from old family photographs we stumbled across while cleaning and sorting.  Since all of those images are either black and white, or sepia, the good news/bad news is that I get to imagine colors and create my own.  I work with some caution, trying to be respectful of the environment, and the preferences I am aware of for that person BUT it is also very liberating to play with the color wheel, complementary colors, lighting and shadows that work very differently for me if my original image is in color.


Although the image below looks somewhat muted, I believe so of that can be attributed to the lighting in the photographic environment and not the actual intensity of the painting.....For a gouache painting on paper, this provided a good practice for me!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment