Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Camille

I decided to sketch Camille with the red pencil, as suggested by the Strathmore artist in the third workshop.  This provided a good opportunity to see if I really want to continue to work in this way or go back to the traditional graphite that I am familiar with.

I am also going to experiment with some color variations using gouache paints.

I began laying in the background, which a different color that the dolphin grey present in all of the photographs.  It is already interesting to me that the tones of ochre gold in the background make the unpainted areas look grey and not the tan tone that they really are.  The proximity of colors and the changes that occur continue to be intriguing to me!


The addition of skin tones does not seem to warm the appearance of grey, either.

It's time for some color wheel compliment exploration! 



No comments:

Post a Comment