Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Monday, November 14, 2016

Progression

I did this sketch in the style recommended by the artist on the Strathmore U-tube using the red Prisma pencil.  It seemed appropriate to give it a reasonable try to see if it is a tool I find useful.  I also decided to continue my exploration of gouache, the opaque water color paint.  Below the sketch has been completed and I am beginning to add gouache to the background.

As you can see below, the gouache on the tan toned Strathmore paper leaves something to be desired - I kept working!

......not as opaque as I had anticipated, but there is still a long ways to go!

Once I had the background completed with the first coat, I had enough of the color mixed to wait for it to dry and attack it again.  As you can see on the left-hand side, the paint is still wet on this second application, but the coverage is a little better!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment