Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Friday, November 18, 2016

Pilsen

"Hello!" to Otoneil.  This man was such a dapper dresser.  His dress trousers are a pale ochre gold color, and have just been pressed (or at least have that look.)  His boot were ostrich skill and shiny, ochre gold and the belt buckle was either gold or polish brass and looked recently polished.  This is one of the rare occasions in the Chicago photo files when I got the impression that there was some advanced notification so participants could come prepared.

Otoneil was clearly ready to be photographed. 


Below are three characters you have seen before....or if you are new to this blog, you could go back and discover short progressions to each of the following images.  The beauty of these four sketches lies in the fact that all were taken from photographs in the same neighborhood in Chicago - the Pilsen Neighborhood.

I am beginning to have enough sketches that I can group them by the neighborhood in which they reside - will, that's probably a tremendous assumption.  I should probably say, the neighborhood in which their image was captured by the photo team on the day of their visit. 

If I knew Chicago better, I might better understand the community organization.  It is clear by looking at the images, that some neighborhoods have a stronger ethnic cohesiveness than others; that is part of what makes these images so interesting and valuable to me is that the diversity and variety of people provides a rich pool of subjects to sketch! 

 The more I sketch, the more I learn!  Have you read Malcome Gladwell's, "The Tipping Point"?   


 


No comments:

Post a Comment