Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Monday, November 21, 2016

Camille 3

It was amazing to me that the addition of the whispy curls in Camille's hair really popped her volume and depth.....I like it. 

Once again, I continue to learn something new with each new sketch and painting that I work on.

I love the hardware that is dangling on the handles of Camille's handbag.  Interestingly enough, I think the light bouncing off of these shapes also contributes to the depth of that side of the painting.  I think they are just embellishment for her bag, unlike the key chains that make up the hardware on my purse! 


Even though I signed the work, I decided Camille needed a little additional sunlite-reflection on the left hand side of her face.  I think it could have gone a little further, and if this would have been a full-blown canvas painting, I would have continued the work.  Because this was supposed to be a quick work (ha ha ha,)....

I decided to stop.....always a challenge for me on a work......when to STOP!


No comments:

Post a Comment