Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Gloria

It has been a little while since I did this original sketch of Gloria.  At some point in time, I would like to go back and start by adding white China marker go give the sketch highlighted areas.

Then I would like to add paint - either acrylic or gouache, to give her depth and a strong sense of person that is more reflective of her photograph on the website.  I love the tradition of her decorated hat, short-handled handbag, and big bow on the front of the dress. 

 I also wanted to be sure to accurately capture her large, hoop earrings and slide footgear, with a stacked sole.  I was really curious about whether this is a "...day in the life of...." for Gloria, Sunday on the way to service, or ....headed to work.  I did get the impression that she felt somewhat inconvenienced by the time it took to capture her photo. The hand on the hip sends a clear message, doesn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment