Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Symmetry of Images

Bee print - Daniel Smith black ink on Strathmore 400 print paper.
I always enjoy the effect of placing the first pulled print next to the relief block and studying the balance and symmetry.  Because each relief print is a mirror image of the carved block, placing the print and block in proximity to one another create an intriguing image.  At some point I would like to experiment with printing the original block to a gelli plate, then printing that image to the Strathmore print paper.....that might be my next experimental printing......
1
Bee relief block - Speedball easycut, inked with Daniel Smith black ink

Bee print - Daniel Smith black ink on Strathmore 400 series print paper, Inktense pencils activated with water, and FW acrylic inks.

Thanks for your emails  asking about the process I use to make these types of prints.  They are not hard to do with a few simple planning steps and some basic supplies.  In fact, I started relief printing in these smaller sized before I had a dedicated studio.  I discovered that I could spread everything out on the kitchen counter, work for 2 to 3 hours with a very specific plan, complete a basic block, and have everything cleaned up and put away before going to bed.  Except for the occasional renegade shaving, only a savvy art detective would have known I completed an entire block there only hours earlier......(or at least I would like to think that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment