Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Friday, July 17, 2015

Moose moves in.....but where???

OMG, I apologize if this is starting to feel like the "Moose Soap Opera."  Keep in mind, the drama is limited,  there is no love triangle, sex, or organ-simulated music.  My intent is just to take you along with me on the journey. 

Although I have not made a final decision about whether or not the foreground will be water or rocks, I am still going to experiment with moose placement. 

I began by placing the cutout very close to the boulders.  The moose neck blocks my favorite background pines AND birches, and the branch that looks like it's piercing the moose's neck would have to go.  On to try #2.  

A little more central and all the way to the forefront.  Downside - no room for that beautiful antler shadow.  Upside, the background trees are more visible.  Next........

Try #3 - The moose's hind hooves are dancing on the rocks - not a very stable location for any foraging moose.  I like the placement a little more to the center, however.  There is not enough contrast between this cut out moose and the lodgepole pines, however.  Good rational NOT to have an albino moose!    I do like this size for the moose, however....that's a keeper.  Next.....

Size is good - how about location?  Is there room for antler shadows?  If the sun is center, top, the shadows of the pines would have a sunburst effect in the shadow, as well.....HMMMMM....
So, what placement appeals to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment