Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Ghost Moose Stand-in


I have tentatively made a decision about the placement of the moose.  I won't be able to include a complete shadow of the antlers, but have always like taking an image outside the edges of the canvas, so....what else is new.  I quickly blocked in a watery ghost moose to see if the placement is still OK once it is more tangible.  If I get it wet enough, and scrub a lot, I can probably still remove it without redoing ALL of the background layers......

Ghost moose enters - needs the shadows to make a final decision!

I think this will work AND it's looking like water - although that means I will have to decide the depth of the water that the moose is wading in AND if the water is transparent, semitransparent, or murky.....decisions, decisions!!  AND then there is the decision, when using water, about the location of the observer because it will influence the location of the reflections.....yep, decisions, decisions!

Is this placement the one that you picked, or was it one of the others?  I have a tough time deciding, and thought about it way longer than I probably needed to! Afterall, it is JUST a painting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment