Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Lodgepole Pines

I love the patterns that are created in the reference pictures of the lodgepole pines.  I would like to include the power of the pattern of the trunks AND tops without making the painting about the lumber industry.  Clearly a layering effect will contribute to the patterns, repetition AND shadows I need.  Let's start with a few trees. 

This group of five trees are the furthest away.  They are almost in a row and almost the same height.  I wanted to be sure that the central portion of the trunks is very exposed and most of the green growth is at the top, in front of the clouds.  


I started adding sprigs of green, being very careful to keep the majority of the trunks exposed.  I will need to focus on the tree tops once all of the "stand" is in place. 
The minimalist side of me says, "OK, that's good - stop now..."  Well, at least I will stop for TODAY. 


No comments:

Post a Comment