Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Monday, July 4, 2016

Some Additional Considerations

 Happy July 4th! 

As I mentioned earlier, there are three different types of alcohol inks that I have been able to access.  The first type I found were the Pinata inks, but only in a set.

Pinata Color alcohol inks in group packaging, 91% alcohol, canned air and paper toweling are important considerations for creating with alcohol inks.
The second type I found were Adirondack inks, but only in sets of 3 - grouped by the manufacturers choice for color.  The third type I discovered were the refill containers for Copic markers (those are the tall gray containers below with the angled cap.) 

In addition to Pinata products, both Adirondick and Copic alcohol inks are popular.  Other tools to consider include spray containers, eye droppers, blenders, straws q-tips, coffee stirrers, and blending solutions.
asdasdasd

Although nothing is a tremendous expense (other than the polypropolene substrate,) a lot of little items can add up. 
I have since discovered that AAE glass sells individual colors of the Adirondack inks.  Of course they cost a little more AND unless you are in the vacinity of Cape Coral, Florida, you'll need to add shipping charges (or order an additional $196.62 in glass.) 

I continued to work on the trees, both in the foreground and in the background, to create some depth.  The alcohol inks bleed so instantaneously that it is very challenging to focus a small amount without impacting everything around where you touch.  
In the process of working on the trees and the tree trunks, I also managed to change the ground and rocks below.  I actually like the softness of the final effect better than the image above this last one.  Once again, this is a study in "working with what you get."  Initially, I was going to wait until the rock area was completely dry, then go back in to add the black Micron details again.  I decided NOT to do that when I stepped away from the work, and revisited it after a visual break.

No comments:

Post a Comment