Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Monday, July 11, 2016

New Technique Trial

I decided to try a completely different technique - but still on YUPO.  I covered the entire surface with blending solution before adding any color, then dropped the color on, one drop at a time, and used the corner of a piece of paper toweling to absorb some of the puddle of ink in the direction I wanted it to move.  I went back into pools of color and dropped additional blending solution.

The more subtle effects of the alcohol inks is appealing, still predictable in it's patterning, and difficult to control. 

Adding enhancements helped, but I still found myself trying to make something of the image instead of "...making the image...." 

I will keep this image on file so that I can pull these ideas up in the future when they might come in handy.

For now, it is just an interesting image......not sure if I will do more with this one, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment