Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Controversy Continues

To wedge, or to disk - that is the question.  It seems there is quite a debate over the correct way to slice citrus that is not always dependent on the end-use.

I really tuned in to the controversy at an early age because the ONLY way to prepare a lemon for use was the wedge.  My mother thought the disk was decorative and nothing else and noted her disgust each time a beverage, pie slice, or salad was served with the disk citrus, seen below.

 The one I find disgusting is the chunk of citrus that used to be provided on airplanes (and I believe still is by the look of the glass of pre-cut citrus on the beverage cart.)  These minuscule reminders of what a lemon used to look like are a pathetic excuse for any added citrus and are so little that they do not even add a decorative pizazz! 

I always used to peel navel oranges until I watch a friend's grandchildren neatly chow down on orange wedges.....makes it easier to avoid the umbilical strand and does makes it less messy to consume!!!  Great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment