Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Monday, August 22, 2016

A Surprise Discovery

I couldn't believe my luck - I made a quick trip to the grocery store today and there, right in the produce aisle, right next to lemons for 99 cents each, was a bag of little green ping-ping balls.  Of course I was in a hurry, so flew by this bin, since I didn't need lemons or potatoes, but stop dead in my tracks and circled back to see if my glancing perception had been accurate.

Sure enough, the purple mesh bag with the green ping-pong balls was secretly holding the treasured, unripe, key lime fruits.  I nave never seen key limes in Minnesota before this moment, so it was quite a discovery. 

 Did I buy them , you say?    No!  I considered buying them, then though through what I do AND more importantly do NOT know about key limes.  I can't imagine my big orange juice squeezer could easily (if at all) accommodate the tine key lime.  Is key lime juice good in anything else besides pie? - no idea.   Do I have a need for a pie - no - no event to attend in the next couple of days and my annual slice of key lime pie is not due for another six months.  Nonetheless, it was a fabulous find!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment