Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Textural Shift - As Promised! Billy

Billy - 6B pencil, white China marker, black .5 micron pen, brown .5 micron pen, and watercolor paints.  Click on image to enlarge. 

Have you ever noticed a goat's eyes? Is there an element of dragon DNA in their genetic code?  And....why didn't I ever notice this before??  At first I thought there was a problem with this goat - vision, or perhaps blindness.  He appeared to be making eye contact, but was perhaps just looking toward the direction of children, who just happened to have a handful of food.

Billy with watercolor grass added to enhance depth.  Click on image to enlarge.
I was interested in seeing if the other goats had different eye characteristics so I began to walk around the small zoo.  The next three goat pens I came to contained goats who were not interested in the people with food, so kept their tail-end towards the audience.  Finally, the fourth goat revealed the dragon-like eyes of the first.  Why didn't I ever notice this before??

Well, it's not like I have been hanging out with goat herds.  There was not a single pet goat in my urban Detroit neighborhood (although there was an urban myth rumor that there were those that harbored chickens and pigs.)   The only time I recall seeing goats, in fact, were perched on top of something higher than anything else around them - much like the images of Snoopy and the dog house of Charles Schultz fame.  I can't recall a time when I had the opportunity to look a goat straight in the eye and seek the inner being.

So what do these orange eyes with the odd-shaped pupil-ish area reveal about goats.  I don't image they are descendant from dragons or alligators, but this will take additional research to uncover.  The orangy-amber color of the eye is similar to some dogs and birds, but iris pattern appears to be very different in the goat.

Billy with some watercolor grass blades added....too far!  The eyes are more like the real goat, however - well...the light reflection is anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment