Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Freedom leads to......

June 18 -

I started to think about the possibilities of adding color to the graphic nature of the Zentangle process.   I needed a way to cover the electrical box in my studio, and thought a canvas might do the trick.  I used the organic nature of the grassy drawings to create portions of the box cover. 

All images are acrylic on canvas and part of the same painting.  Each image represents a portion of the larger painting.  I have always been intrigued by the composition of both conglomerate and igneous rocks so added some details to represent both in this layer.  Click on the image to enlarge. 
The purple represents the flowing, underground, mineral-rich stream.  Click on the image to enlarge
In the ink drawing, the layers of grass still looked very two-dimensional.  I wanted to add depth in the painting, so each grass color is a darker and more subdued color.  Click on the image to enlarge
Instead of clouds, I turned the wavy element into two distinct groups of images.  The first is meant to suggest more powerful, growing elements springing forth from the growing energy below.  The second is the fluidlike motion of the air moving above.  Click on the image to enlarge.
I liked the contrast of a night sky, as opposed to a sun-filled sky, and artistically, I like the balance of color in the sky with the river below.  Bravo for "artistic license."  Click on the image to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment