Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Touch of Turkish #2

I also decided to leave in the surplus relief material around the top left hand corner and the lower right hand corner.  Once I pull a couple of proofs, I will know if these areas will pick up random black shadow lines, or if they will stay clean.  Careful inking will help keep these areas clear!!!

Whimsy Pot with a little Turkish influence relief block - inked with Ranger black ink to check for random marks
As you probably noticed, I made some minor modification to the contour lines and shadows during the carving process.  I think I would go back and add some of the heavier contour lines to the base section IF this were possible to do - of course, it is not.  I could always go into each print and add more contouring with black India ink or other shading -

Whimsy Pot - Proof #1 - Black Ranger ink on 300 series Strathmore printmaker paper.
Interestingly, the shadow lines that still need to be removed are close to the edges of the pot image with the exception of the far right hand edge.  I have learned that the edges are sometimes the most challenging to carve cleanly.  By turning the block multiple directions, I have been able to get the best results. 

Whimsey Pot - Proof #2 - Ranger black ink on 400 series Strathmore printmaker paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment