Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Trational Spot of Tea.....

Teapot #1 - original drawing.  Pencil followed with black India ink and white China marker on 400 series tan Strathmore paper.  ...
I am working on brewing some new ideas for relief printing.  I have had a request for an "on the rocks" beverage and a martini with at least one olive.   I am thinking both of these could be basic line images so that they could be enhanced a couple of different ways with the addition of color.....

I am also thinking about trying some monochromatic blocks that can have dimensional enhancements with shading.  If done correctly, these will take substantially more time to carve and the beverages mentioned above will take more time to paint.

Also feeling the need to grab camera and/or phone and go on an image-collection hunt.  I was disappointed that a nearby otter enclosure advertised to open soon seems to be a long way from the debut "reveal!"  I have learned that "early in 2016" actually means......some time before July 1st.....so much for language nuances,

I am also going to begin experimenting with the new Golden High Flow acrylic paints being offered for air-brushers and as a competitor to acrylic inks.  Of course I will begin with the color of Golden that is the closest to the FW acrylic I am out of and ....go from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment