Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Friday, December 4, 2015

Beach Babes - continued #3

I also wanted to try adding color to the line relief print with a different medium, so I tried Inktense pencils activated with water.  Here, again, there are also pros and cons!

Beach Babes relief print - Black inked with Speedball relief ink and colored with  Derwent Inktense pencils activated with water.
The amount of water needed to move the color around from the Inktense pencils seemed to active the Speedball water soluble ink if the bristles of the water brush lingered too long.  (This is one of the reasons why I am continuing my search for a relief ink that is permanent once dry.)

Beach Babes - Speedball water soluble ink with Derwent Inktense pencils activated with water
This is one of those images that I stopped working on because I was dissatified with the mobility of the Speedball ink.  I am not sure if I would chalk that up to a printing ink problem or a color-adding problem or-BOTH!  Where the colors are clear, I like this intensity better; if I were going to continue to push this image, I would re-ink it with the Daniel Smith black and try painting with diluted acrylic ink......

No comments:

Post a Comment