Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Next Best Thing.....

What is the next best thing to bare feet?  Sock, of course!  The words, "...it will be impossible to get those sock clean...." will forever reverberate in my mind.  I am not sure it ever occurred to my mother at the time that clean socks were an adult thing - I didn't care if my socks were a pristine white.  [It seemed to be important to the school - the "keep your shoes on" issue (see my entry on "Penny Loafers,")]  I don't remember my friends voicing big concerns about socks, either.   When bare feet were not practical or it was too cold, sock were clearly the next-best-thing.

Socks - Solo :  Black India ink and Faber-Castille Indian ink on 500 series Strathmore mixed media paper.  click on image to enlarge. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment