Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Tall Slippers

I was intrigued by the arrival of expensive slippers on the school scene.  Coming out of the "dress code" generation, seeing high-top and knee-high slippers, fleece lined, on the opening day of school was  fascinating.  Equally as fascinating was the price parents were willing to pay for them.

Tall Slippers - pencil, .8 black Micron pen, FW acrylic ink and Faber-Castille Indian ink brush tip markers on 300 series Strathmore mixed media paper.  Click on image to enlarge. 
 This was also a sketch from my early shoe collection series.  I have only seen one pair of these hiking through the grocery store recently - could be more on the school scene - I am guessing they are no longer the hot item they used to be two years ago.  Any sightings for any of you???
Tall Slippers - pencil, .8 black Micron pen, FW acrylic ink and Faber-Castille Indian ink brush tip markers on 300 series Strathmore mixed media paper.  Click on image to enlarge.

 Today on the news there was a close-up photograph of a student walking across the campus of the University of Minnesota campus.  These boot were right there as if the image on the news was my source for sketching - right down to the same color.  What a surprise!  I guess they are still in style!  







1 comment:

  1. Love your shoe series. I was reminded of a time when my younger sister brought back a pair of huaraches form her trip to Mexico. She was told to soak them, and, for some reason, chose my mother's cast iron dutch oven as the vessel. No more pot roast for us!

    ReplyDelete