Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Second Interpretation

As I mentioned on April 2nd, I have been working on a much more stylized version of a jelly fish.  Once again, I was able to use some of the freeform stringers Sheri, at the Bonita Center, has created.  Two different colors of blue were available........
Stylized jellyfish nightlight - pre-fired dots and wedges, freeform stringers and frit on clear COE 90 glass - front view
The area around the largest jelly image (above in the header) is simply glass.  Originally I had planned to use clear "dots"" to create textured water in that piece.  Several weeks ago, I dug through all of my scrapes and made all of the clear squares, chunks and shards that were smaller than a nickel in dots.  Since I decided not to use them, they were still waiting to be used when I began this nightlight. 

Stylized jellyfish nightlight - pre-fired dots and wedges, freeform stringers and frit on clear COE 90 glass - front view
 Once I glued down the dots, I dusted light cyan frit over them.  As long as the dots are not wet, the frit quickly flows down, inbetween the dots and does not remain on the dot surfaces. Since glass colors often change in the firing process, I hoped that then color of this background water, inbetween the clear dots,  and the stringer tentacles would be compatible.

The cap-like wedges of this jelly are also re-purposed from another planned project.  It is  such a relief that this experiment actually resulted in an interesting and acceptable image. 

Stylized jellyfish nightlight - pre-fired dots and wedges, freeform stringers and frit on clear COE 90 glass
 - front view



No comments:

Post a Comment