Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ooopps, TOO Far!!!

Based on the Notan, I decided to spend more time working with the fish and some of the rocks (particularly the bright green ones.)

Layers #2, #3, and #4  of the "Blue Fish" after analysis of the Notan.  Acrylic on Gessobord.  Click to enlarge. 
This is the perfect example, to me, of one step too far.  The ethereal quality of the first layer of Blue Fish is almost completely gone.  I think the bright lights and the yellow highlighted  areas help the light rays from the surface accomplish create dimension in the fish.  If I decide to make a larger version of this painting, on canvas, masonite, or Gessobord, I will stop earlier to maintain that ethereal quality that was the best part of the first fish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment