Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Disneyesque????

From my earlier sketches (in actual time, these events were a couple of months apart,) I remembered that the overlap of the tail of the seahorse around the plant blades was important as was the contour of the actual tail.

This was my reminder image about what aspects were important at the time of sketching. Now I have to decide if they are STILL important AND if so, how to create the effect I want in the painting.

I decided that both of these painting characteristics were still important, to began adding the seahorse to the water and sea grasses. I also decided that I did NOT want to make him brown and beige - purple would work well with water and grass colors AND with the previous aquatic set of paintings - hello Disneyesque seahorse......could this be a potential Little Mermaid critter...hmmmm??

The light/dark colors of the tail help create the dimension I am looking for and the overlapping is essential to tell the story of "..the seahorse and the plants...."  Acrylic on canvas.  Click on image to enlarge.
What is that you are thinking??? - "The Seahorse and the Plants," does not have the same resonating appeal as a title like "The Little Mermaid?"  I kind of like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment