Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Comparitive Analysis

Although not the native colors of the nautilus, I want to explore the same colors that I used in the "Blue Fish" painting.  This will be a good opportunity to continue my work with ....'knowing when to stop...."  This was a great grand Marais discussion, right Crystal?

Quick sketch of one of the Grand Marais nautilus residents.  Pencil on tan Strathmore sketch paper, with white china marker used to emphasize highlights.
Portion of nautilus, swimming, painting.  Acrylic on Gessobord.  Click on image to enlarge.
I concentrated on keeping the movements fluid and not overworking this image.  Although the effect is not ethereal (and never has been,) the image keeps the clean look I was looking for in both this painting and the earlier blue fish painting.  I achieved an image closer to my goal in technique and energy, in the nautilus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment