Foraging for a Meal

Foraging for a Meal
Foraging for a Meal at 30 below!

Friday, December 23, 2016

Gloria - the Finale


We are now up 60 degrees from four days ago, the snow and ice are rapidly melting, and the roads are either dry or filled with puddles along the curbs and potholes.  My car seems to have made a full recovery, thanks to the combination of maintenance and warming temperatures.  Three days from now the forecast is for rain, so I hope the apparent improvements continue through the next weather and temperature shift!

I am working to finalize all of my shopping and hope each of you who participates in gift exchanging is at a good point in the process, as well.   I am also nearing the completion of mailing cards - something I have not done for several years.  I was tempted to print an original image with a good discount coupon for printing.  Of course, in good promotion form, the coupon was only good for a very short time...but offered a very good discount.  In hindsight, I probably should have ordered double what I ordered, but......with mail-order printing, you just don't know what you are going to get..........the results were pretty good!!!!!

The meter officer in the picture below is actually called Gloria on the Chicago website.  I think this is the last in the series for her image, and the next in the series for the summertime shopper - Laura.

Gloria - finale - pencil, gouache and acrylic ink on tan 400 series Strathmore paper.




Laura - in progress - pencil, gouache and acrylic ink on tan 400 series Strathmore paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment